Spread a little sparkle this holiday season with this simple, but effective, DIY ornament. This craft was easy enough for my 4 year-old to complete on her own, but it’s also an ornament I’d love to receive. Those are not two qualities that often go hand in hand!
This project was inspired by an article from Better Homes and Gardens that I found on Pinterest about dressing up plain Christmas ornaments. I love the metallic gold and silver that BHG used, but I switched things up to match my Holiday Preparation Party color palette of red, lime green, kelly green, and gold. A bright rainbow assortment of pom poms would also make a super happy and adorable ornament.
Photos courtesy of Maria Healey Photography
Glitter Pom Pom Ornaments
– Clear glass bulb ornaments
– Glitter pom poms in assorted colors (make sure they are small enough to fit into the ornament opening)
– Individual cupcake boxes, bakers twine, and tags for packaging (optional)
- Remove the metal top of the bulb ornament.
- Stuff in as many glitter pom poms as you’d like. Leave some room or fill it up!
- Replace the top of the ornament and add a ribbon for hanging.
- Hang on your tree or wrap up as a gift. I used individual cupcake boxes to package them and then tied with tulle or bakers twine.