I just wrapped up customizing my Glittery Family Milestone Celebration printable package for a new client and realized that I never shared the original party here on the blog. It was featured on Hostess with the Mostess earlier this year, but I always meant to share the details here too. Oops! Better late than never…
When several family occasions all fall within the same general timeframe it just makes sense to celebrate with one big event. This party was styled for a client that was celebrating a Dad’s 60th birthday, one daughter’s 30th birthday, and another daughter and son-in-law’s housewarming. We kept the event gender neutral since they were celebrating guests of honor of both genders and various ages. With that in mind,the color palette I selected was neutrals + gold glitter. The result was festive, classy, and everything blended well with the existing decor of the house. It was a beautiful celebration for a family that certainly had a lot to celebrate!
Some highlights include:
– Guests were welcomed into the open house with a custom poster, balloons, flowers, and a welcome banner. See my tutorial for the crepe paper fringe embellishment that I added to the printable banner here.
– The DIY paper flower backdrop for the dessert table was one of my personal favorite elements. I followed several tutorials while making the flowers. This one from 100 Layer Cake was really helpful. The rest of the flowers were crafted out of various colors and patterns of tissue paper and paper napkins.
– Gorgeous florals were designed by one of the guests of honor. I especially love the gold glitter mason jars that were used as containers and the hanging flowers that were placed in the tree outside.
– Custom cookies are always a favorite way to bring a coordinated feel to a dessert table or event. I was blown away by the detail of the cookies that Color Me Cookie created for this event.
– The bar area looked super cute with a giant wall confetti backdrop. To create the confetti, I just cut circles out of scrapbook paper using my circle cutter and used double stick tape to attach them to the wall.
See it all for yourself…
Photography: Stills by Hill Photography | Party Printables and Styling: a la Mo | Tassel Garland: Paper Chain Press | Glitter Mason Jars: Twinkle Twinkle Lil’ Jar | Paper Circle Garland: dragonflies | Decorated Cookies: Color Me Cookie | Catering: Sima’s Gourmet Catering