Chalkboards and hand-lettering are a very popular trend that’s been popping up in weddings and parties lately. One of my newest party printable collections is inspired by this trend, so I want to share a fun DIY chalkboard favor idea that I put together for young kids.
Drawing with sidewalk chalk is one of my favorite activities to do with my daughter… I might even enjoy it more than her. I will admit that it’s hard to get too creative when she constantly switches her interest to the color I’m using at the moment. But it really should be about her exploring her creativity and not about me showing off my mad chalk painting skills. Right? She’ll learn to share better some day. Sigh…
These simple birthday party favors were inspired by my printable chalkboard collection and the fun times I have with my daughter with sidewalk chalk. They were created for a little boy’s second birthday party. Because there were 20 little toddler guests, we wanted to keep the costs for favors low while still having a great visual impact on the party table. Thanks to dollar store finds (the plastic flower pots and sidewalk chalk) each completed favor cost under $2. That’s not too shabby for an adorable personalized favor!
Sidewalk Chalk Party Favors
– 1 small container per favor (check your Dollar Store for some great colorful options)
– sidewalk chalk (I used 4 pieces per favor)
– personalized chalkboard label stickers
– coordinating ribbon, cut into pieces long enough to tie a bow
– clear treat bags (I used these)
- Remove any unnecessary packaging from your materials.
- Print, cut, and stick your chalkboard labels onto your containers.
- Place the desired number of pieces of chalk into a treat bag and tie with a length of ribbon.
- Put the packaged chalk into your labeled container.
Here are some other unique favors that would work well with any party for children that includes a chalkboard element. A few of them are DIY projects, but one is ready to purchase if you are out of time and/or energy or just have other priorities.
1. Colorful Personalized Chalkboard DIY from Mandy at Harper’s Happenings. I’ve seen these unfinished chalkboards at Michael’s/Joann Fabrics/Hobby Lobby and you can paint them to match your party colors. | 2. Sidewalk Chalk Favors from a la Mo (see above!) | 3. Chalkboard Placemats come in a set of 4 from Uncommon Goods. Break up the set and give one to each little party guest. | 4. Magnet/Chalkboard DIY from Erin at Lansdowne Life. Check out the little drawstring pouches she made to hold the chalk too!